Friday, September 28, 2012

Amarillo News Channel 10!

This morning I visited the local Amarillo news station with my advisor, Dr. Ray Matlack, to watch him film his weekly educational segment,  "West Texas Wild." I got a behind-the-scenes look at the blue screen, the cameras (all taller than me), and I met a few of the news anchors. We hung out all morning comparing wildlife stories and discussing tornadoes with the storm-chasing meteorologist (he is braver than me!). Afterward Ray and I scoped out some waterfowl on a flooded lake; it's been raining all week and numerous species are very pleased with the churned sediment and elevated water levels. Be sure to tune in every Friday morning to learn a little more about wildlife in the Panhandle of Texas, and be on the lookout for more videography and educational films, because Ray and I have plans, and soon I'll be coming to a television near you!


No comments:

Post a Comment